nschluntz

Nina Schluntz's Blog

Most often I read books so I can compare them to their movie adaptations. But if I’m hearing a lot of chatter about a book, I’ll read it to see why people are so interested in it.

who should you be with, vampire or werewolf? Why not both... at the same time...

The Dark Wolf of Lost Hollow (Wild Darkness Calls) - MK Barrett

This book was a quick read, really a short story novella more than a novel. The plot was a twist on the ongoing debate of who is hotter to be with? A vampire or a werewolf? This book goes with, why decide? Be with both.

I wasn’t a fan of the twist **spoiler**where the girl is declared to secretly be a fairy. It seemed a little too copy-cattish from the True Blood/Sookie Stackhouse Novels to me. But it’s hard to be original when you are dealing with vampires and werewolves, so I’ve just come to expect such things when I’m reading this genre of books.

The characters had enough development and back story that I felt this novella could have been a full-length novel. I was disappointed by how short it ended up being.

If you are looking for a M/M/F erotica that’s a quick read, this is a good book to pick up. Even if you aren’t into the werewolf/vampire scene, you’ll enjoy it.

Source: http://mizner13.wordpress.com/2015/03/06/the-dark-wolf-of-lost-hollow-book-review